The blog talks about the advantages of single app kiosk mode for Windows 10 devices and how Scalefusion can help you turn your Windows 10 devices for strict business purposes. Sign up for free trial and start enrolling your devices at once.
Scalefusion is growing and rising as a prolific MDM solution provider and has recently expanded its expertise by including Windows 10 platform. Our enterprise-level Windows 10 device management solution helps customers easily install the kiosk mode on their desktops, laptops, and tablets in order to seamlessly control the user experience and activities by enforcing application and browsing restriction. There is a gamut of useful features that the admin can make use of to drive device and data security, app efficiency, employee productivity while streamlining business processes.
Today we have launched one of the most sought-after features in our Windows 10 MDM platform – the single-app kiosk mode, which is applicable on all Windows 10 desktops and laptop. In 4 simple steps, this enables you:
• To transform your desktop or laptop into a kiosk within minutes
• Run one application all the time
• Prevent access to other apps
• Auto-launch the same app every time the device reboots
For instance, imagine an ATM machine where a user can accomplish only a few specific tasks like checking account balance and withdrawing money, through guided directions. It doesn’t allow anybody to do anything else with the machine as there are no other options to click on or use. A Windows 10 single app kiosk mode works exactly like that. Windows 10 single-app kiosk runs one specific app on the desktop or laptop, wherein the user using the device cannot do any other task outside that app. This essentially prevents unwanted user access in terms of fiddling with the desktop, switching apps or changing settings.
We want to emphasize the fact that when we add a crucial feature to our solution or platform, we engage a whole lot of thought process behind it.
This means seeking answers to some important customer-focused questions like a) why we add this new feature, b) who are going to use the feature, c) how it will add value to our customers’ businesses, and d) which business sectors will it cater to.
We have gathered significant observations and insights about the usability of Windows 10 single-app kiosk mode and found that this feature can be of tremendous help in the following scenarios:
• Lockdown Point-of-Sale systems that run on Windows 10 to a single app, which will eliminate any changes of system-misuse by visitors, onlookers, bored employees etc.
• Windows 10 based touch displays with single-app mode help in controlling user interference and enhance customer engagement
• Locking down of Windows 10 based desktops and laptops in educational institutes to a single-app during educational tests and examinations
• Using single-app kiosk mode in Windows 10 desktops used by the hospitality and tourism industry while assisting guests and visitors to take simple and guided actions or to display digital content
• Setting up of Windows 10 devices with single-app kiosks in banks and financial firms to allow customers to register their issues and do specific tasks
• To run self-check-in devices at airports in a single app kiosk mode to guide passengers with the travel processes and to prevent them from fiddling with the system settings
These are just some of the key scenarios where single app kiosk mode feature can prove to be extremely powerful and efficient. There are multiple other business use-cases that our solution with its purposeful features can fulfil while ensuring great business results in terms of customer experience, operational excellence, process advancement, employee productivity, and faster decision-making.
Sonali has an extensive experience in content writing, marketing, and strategy and she has worked with companies where she was involved in the 360-degree content production and editing. An avid reader and animal lover, she loves to cook, take care of her plants and travel.