Windows devices enjoy the popular market share, by and large. From enterprises to classrooms, Windows 10 desktops and laptops continue to be synonymous with personal computers, across the world. For efficient use of Windows 10 devices either for business or for education, it is imperative to manage them effectively.
When Windows 10 devices are managed, the most critical aspect remains to control the apps on the device without hampering the user experience. And this is exactly when Windows 10 multi-app kiosk mode comes into play.
What Is Multi-App Kiosk Mode in Windows 10?
When a Windows 10 device is configured as a kiosk, but instead of locking the device to a single application, the device is configured with multiple apps pertinent to work or learning, it can be termed as a Windows 10 multi-app kiosk mode.
Key Features of Multi-App Kiosk Mode for Windows 10 Devices:
- The device is restricted to two or more applications
- The end-user has consistent experience while accessing the apps
- The end-user cannot, however, download any new apps
- The end-user cannot make any system changes
Read more: Windows 10 device management
How to Lockdown Windows 10 Devices in Multi-App Kiosk Mode
With Scalefusion, you can lockdown Windows 10 devices in multi-app kiosk mode. Let’s see the step-by-step process for the same.
1. Navigate to the Device Profile section in Device Management of the Scalefusion dashboard. Select the Windows 10 device profile you want to edit. Or you can start creating a new device profile by clicking on the create new profile button on the top right corner.
2. Once you start defining the device profile settings, you are navigated to the select apps setting. It is important to note that for Windows 10 kiosk mode for multiple apps, you have to choose the whitelist selected apps option. Select the apps you want to set in the multi-app kiosk mode.
3. To save your selection, click on the Next button. You can now choose the websites to be allowed on the Windows 10 multi-app kiosk.
4. If you are going to use the Windows 10 devices for web browsing via Google Chrome browser, you can configure chrome configuration
5. In the Settings section, choose the skip kiosk app option in the kiosk app section. Choosing a Kiosk app will push the Windows 10 device in single app mode.
6. Now navigate to the General settings and deselect the option to allow the installation of non-store apps. This ensures that the end-user cannot install any app on the Windows 10 device and the devices are locked to only allowed apps.
7. You have successfully locked the device to Windows 10 multi-app kiosk mode. You can see a preview of the Windows 10 device with selected apps. Only apps whitelisted in step 2.
With Scalefusion, configuring Windows 10 devices in multi-app kiosk mode is quick and easy. Windows 10 kiosk mode is the most preferred device management mode for enterprises as well as schools, to ensure the distractions, data costs and security threats due to unnecessary apps are minimized while ensuring that end-users have access to the work/educational apps!