Be it for displaying digital signage or to explore web apps on shared kiosks, Microsoft Kiosk browser empowers the IT to control the browsing experience on Windows 10 kiosks without negatively impacting the user experience. To take it up a notch, Scalefusion MDM for Windows 10 accentuates the usability and control of the Microsoft Edge browser.
Let’s have a look at the step by step method to configure Microsoft Kiosk Browser App in Single App Mode:
1.Sign up on Scalefusion. Make sure you use your corporate email id to sign up. You can also sign up using your Microsoft Office 365 account credentials.
2. Start enrolling your Windows 10 devices. Navigate to the Enroll Devices section of the dashboard and follow the steps displayed on the screen.
For more information, check out: How To Setup Kiosk Mode for Windows 10
3. Now, you can start configuring the policies for your Windows 10 devices. You can curate the restrictions, permissions of the device to prevent misuse and ensure the device deployed for business is used for optimum productivity. For this, navigate to the Device Management section and choose Device Profiles.
4. To create the policy for your Windows 10 devices, start creating a device profile. Click on the create new profile button.
5. In this step, you can configure the application policy for your device. You can blacklist (block) applications or you can completely skip the application policy.
6. In the whitelist websites step, you can configure which websites are to be allowed on the Microsoft Kiosk Browser. You can whitelist the websites on the Scalefusion dashboard.
7. In the next step, you can configure the Chrome configurations. The versatile configuration capabilities of Chrome browser using Scalefusion are elaborated in this article. While configuring Microsoft Kiosk Browser App with Scalefusion, you can skip this step and proceed to the next one.
8. In the settings section, you can enforce single app kiosk mode on Windows 10 device with Microsoft Kiosk Browser App as the application to be running in the kiosk mode.
9. Scrolling down in the same section will give you various options to configure the Microsoft Windows Kiosk Browser. You can customize the default URL of the Microsoft Kiosk Browser App. You can:
- Display/hide forward, back and address bar
- Display/hide home button
- Display/hide end session button
- display/hide session restart dialogue
10. In the next scroll, you can select the user account for kiosk. You can either enter the primary username or choose the option to autocreate Kiosk user account for added privacy on shared kiosks.
11. Your policy settings are now ready to be applied to a Windows 10 kiosk device. You can save the configuration by clicking on the create profile button. This profile configuration is now available to be applied to enrolled devices. You can apply the Device profile to Windows 10 devices or device groups.
Scalefusion empowers the IT admins to customize the browsing experience on shared kiosks and devices using the Microsoft Kiosk Browser app on Windows 10 devices. With Scalefusion MDM, admins can ensure the security and privacy of the Windows 10 kiosk devices and optimize their business purpose.