The supply chain & logistics industry involves continuous mobility. Every day, this industry witnesses a massive movement of people and packages by air, sea and road- from one location to another. Thus, for an industry which is on constant move, mobile devices and apps are an obvious choice with the potential to play an impactful role in ensuring consistent, real-time and seamless information flow and collaboration.
It is highly apparent that the entry of smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices have brought a revolutionary change in the operational efficiency of the logistics industry. On top of that, with the help of Mobile Device Management solutions, different types of mobile devices and apps like Mobile Warehouse Management Solutions, Mobile Asset Tracking Solutions, Mobile Fleet Management Solutions etc are helping logistics companies perform every small job from tracking assets and shipments to the execution of processes and dealing with vendors. These Enterprise Mobility Management solutions assure to maximize ROI and bring in an exponential increase in the productivity and growth of the enterprise.
It is important to note that the need for effective mobile device management in Supply Chain & Logistics application is different from that in other sectors like sales force management or market research. There needs to be a high level of standardization and professionalism in the solution, displaying a thorough understanding of the business processes and requirements.
Why use Scalefusion in logistics and supply chain management?
One of the core uses of MDM solution like Scalefusion is to monitor a smart device and its activities. It also supports ELDs and other Logbook Apps which is highly critical of late for the logistics industry in order to ensure the safety of the drivers and reduce accidents.
Scalefusion – Monitors and protects thousands of mobile devices, their data facilitating companies to more effectively manage applications, enforce security, secure content management, monitor device usage by geo-location, and give access to authorized users only. Thus, using Scalefusion solution will help you manage, monitor, secure your mobile devices remotely.
To give you more visibility and insight into the way your devices are used, Scalefusion offers a wide variety of features, including remote device support, real-time location tracking, geofencing, and the ability to deploy business apps remotely.
Scalefusion provides the following services to deliver maximum visibility
- Remote Management & Support: IT Admins can remotely monitor, manage and support the mobile devices of all the fleet drivers and remote workforce.
- Restricted usage: Enables to restrict the use of mobile devices by the drivers and the other workforce by whitelisting websites and restricting downloads of irrelevant apps like that of games, music, social media, movies, videos etc. It not only improves productivity but also saves a lot of costs on data usage (mobile internet).
- Location & Geofencing: Tracks company-owned devices and hence, the drivers as well as vehicles are easily tracked on the map.
- Monitoring & Alerts: delivers real-time alerts about data usage status, device health, security incidents like SIM card swap, locking & unlocking out of Scalefusion
- Dashboard & KPIs: User-friendly centralized web console to monitor all the mobile devices and their activities.
- Real-time Location tracking: Track the status and location of all devices in real time. Geo-fencing only adds on to more precise tracking.
- Application Management: Enables a common platform for approved enterprise applications, further publish on the respective devices as per their need and maintain all the record
- Content Management: Enables paperless transactions and exchange of important documentation with the drivers and other workforces in real time. Also, the files are shared via a secured channel. So, no security threats.
- Security Settings: Leverages security settings of mobile manufacturers and enables the organizations to avoid any fiddling of the devices.
- Seamless communication: Enables the exchange of messages through an integrated messaging between the remote and office workforce
Key Benefits of Enterprise Mobility Management by Scalefusion in Supply Chain & Logistics
- Effective Warehouse Management
The different types of mobile devices that are used in warehouses are a key factor in keeping the employees in the warehouse active and well informed. Be it handheld devices, barcode printers or scanners etc. With the use of latest technologies, complete mobile solutions encompass the entire warehouse based management providing stakeholders with information, anytime, anywhere, in any format. And these solutions can be powered by Scalefusion which results in effective warehouse management.
- Efficient Value Chain
The freight can be properly tracked and monitored with high efficiency and hence the supply chain and logistics companies can leverage the capabilities of MDM and ensure optimum profitability. This contributes to the entire enterprise in raising the value chain right from the worker to the management.
- Faster Transit Time
With a comprehensive kiosk lockdown solution, for each functional process, the time being taken to do so is fastened and that leads to timely completion of tasks. Even, because of direct communication between departments and tracking of vehicles, a thorough planning of activities is possible with the instant availability of information and that results in to quite smoother and quicker overall transit time.
- Cost Optimization
Each benefit that Scalefusion solution brings, contributes to lowering of extra overheads and thereby optimizes the cost burdens on the enterprises.
The intent of Scalefusion is to optimize the functionality and security of mobile devices provided to all the employees while minimizing cost and downtime by which you can improve the utilization of work resources.
For more information on Scalefusion and Mobile Device Management contact our sales and support or visit us at https://scalefusion.com