It is no surprise today that Apple is dominating personal users as well as enterprises. Since 2007, when the first iPhone came out, it enabled users to sync their emails, contacts, and calendars between their phone and work. Then came the iPad, which shook up the enterprise market once again in 2010. Since the iPhone and the apps were already being used by the employees, they had some idea of how the iPad can help them at their workplace.
There are various good reasons to restrict the usage of the devices whether for personal use or professional. The personal reasons can be like children using iPhones and iPads excessively for social media, games, and movies. For professional purposes also, a similar reason applies in addition to the reasons like accessing various job portals. Hence, not to lose out on productivity, employers are realizing that the iPhones and/or iPads need to lock for certain purposes and restrict user access. Scalefusion provides the solution to these challenges by offering ProSurf iOS Kiosk Browser, which can be alternatively used in lieu of Safari. Just Download the ProSurf iOS kiosk browser app on your device and block specific websites on iPhone or iPad that means restricting the usage to selected single or few websites.
ProSurf browser also enables you to whitelist websites. Whitelist means that you can select and allow access to specific websites for employees with corporate-owned devices. After whitelisting websites, you can access the website from the ProSurf browser and have a controlled browsing experience. In other words, you can block specific websites on the iPhone or iPad.
1. Launch ProSurf on your device.
2. Tap on Settings. To access settings options, you’ll need to enter the Passcode.
3. To access Settings options, enter default Passcode 2323 and tap on OK.
4. Then tap on “whitelist websites” to enter the URL address
5. Tap on the “Add” button or ( +) button on the right upper corner.
6. Enter website Name and URL as shown below in the screenshot and also select “HTTP” or “HTTPS”.
7. Tap on Done.
8. Once done, you can access the whitelisted websites & shows an error message (Your admin has blocked access to this website) if any other URL is being accessed.
You’ve successfully blocked specific websites on iPhone & similarly for iPad, follow the similar procedure.
ProSurf kiosk browser enables organizations to easily block specific websites on iPhones & iPads, which are not required for business or work purposes, simply by following all the above simple steps. If you have a bulk of devices manage over the air from a single laptop or PC, then follow this link.
For Android Phones or Tablets See: How to Block Websites on Android Phones or Tablets.
Nema Buch is a Research & Marketing professional, also writes for Scalefusion on Enterprise Mobility trends, SaaS, and different Industry Verticals.