Lockdown Android tablet for business is functionality that limits the device’s usage to a single or multiple pre-selected applications. This can be achieved using modern-day Android MDM solutions and helps businesses turn their off-the-shelf devices into purpose-specific machines.
Many businesses provide mobile phones & tablets to their employees as a part of a mobility implementation drive, which offers flexibility, and promises to improve work efficiency. And with the expectation of increasing the overall productivity and growth. But with more and more use of mobile devices, there are various measures that organizations have to implement to keep business data & devices secured. Here, we will try to emphasize the importance of lockdown android tablet for business purposes.
There are various risks that companies face in providing tablets to their employees.
The challenges which companies face are that smartphones & tablets, which in fact are provided to employees for work purposes, can be misused for other purposes as well, like playing games, social media access, watching videos and movies, etc. Employees may even download other apps which may harm the devices and the business data on them, as third-party apps contain malicious code.
And, of course, no organization expects such kinds of activities from their employees. Sometimes, intentionally or unintentionally, the devices get stolen or misplaced, which is again a threat if accessed by anyone who is not an employee of the organization. Thus, data, content, and devices are at risk.
How to Mitigate these Risks?
Any risk mitigation strategies generally taken are either avoiding the risks, living with the risk or facing the risk by taking proper mitigation methods.
One of the methods that the companies should consider is integrating their Enterprise Mobility Solutions with Kiosk Lockdown Software Solutions.
How to Lockdown Android Tablet for Business Purposes?
The most straightforward answer is Kiosk Lockdown Software. It remotely monitors, manages, and controls all the corporate-owned smartphones & tablets over the cloud by locking them down in kiosk mode. One such solution is Scalefusion.
You can bulk enroll all the mobile devices without any hassle and thereafter can have either Single App Mode, Multi-App Mode, or Kiosk Browser Lockdown on the Android tablets, depending on the business requirements… What is the difference?
- Single App Mode – In single app mode, you can lock an Android tablet to one website or the application and auto-launch the same whenever the tablet reboots.
- Multi-App Mode – In this mode, users/employees can access multiple selected apps without meddling with the device hardware and software settings.
- Kiosk Lockdown browser – Scalefusion browser allows access to only specific websites which are whitelisted and restricts access to all other websites which are not business-relevant or that which organization does not wish employees access to the tablets.
Key Benefits of Lockdown Android Tablet for Business Using Scalefusion Kiosk Software
- Lockdown for mobile devices into kiosk mode
- Configure employee device remotely
- Restrict employees’ web surfing activities to permissible apps only by blacklisting/whitelisting
- Restrict users from playing games, browsing, or installing unapproved mobile apps
- Control user access to device peripherals like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, Screen Orientation, Airplane mode, Audio, GPS, etc.
- Restrict users from changing the hardware and security settings
- Custom branding with your own corporate logo and wallpaper
Thus, Scalefusion Kiosk Lockdown protects data and increases employee productivity by controlling access.
Other outstanding features of Scalefusion
Mobile Application Management – Scalefusion Enterprise Store
It provides a common platform for in-house or commercial apps on the dashboard. It enables
- Uploading apps
- Deploying to the registered devices or the group of devices
- Managing the apps means remotely updating or unpublishing the apps from the devices and/or deleting them from the Enterprise Store.
Mobile Content Management
MCM enables users to create a centralized content repository on the dashboard. It supports various file formats. IT admin can manage all the content from the dashboard and remotely distribute it to the devices or groups of devices.
Remote Cast & Control with Voice Calling
With Scalefusion Remote Control Software, you can view and control a remote device as if they are physically in your hand from the Scalefusion Dashboard. You need not check the device issues in person or communicate device issues through email or phone calls. Once configured, IT admins can troubleshoot issues with user devices remotely. This feature currently works on Samsung KNOX supported Sony, LG, Lenovo, and rooted devices that run on Android version 5.0 and onwards.
Remote Cast mirrors the active screen of the Android device on the administrator’s dashboard giving real-time information about the device’s current activity. It allows you to provide remote support for Android phones and tablets that do not support remote control. This feature currently works on all devices that run on Android version 5.0 and onwards.
NuovoTeam Push to Talk (PTT) –
NuovoTeam PTT smoothens the communication gap between the organizations. With faster end-to-end communication exchange and minimal latency compared to its competitors, NuovoTeam PTT is designed to empower the frontline workforce to maximize productivity and streamline communication. NuovoTeam eliminates the communication gap between the business and its workforce at a distance through Push-to-talk (PTT) / walkie talkie app, privacy-focused location tracking, unified corporate directory, VoIP/ Video calls, file exchange, voice notes, content collaboration, and end-to-end encrypted text exchange so that the operational activities don’t fall under the level of contingencies.
Benefits which companies get are:
- End-to-end encrypted Instant Messaging
- Real-time clock in/out of the workforce
- Web-based Console
- Unified corporate contact management
- Workflow management
- Real-time Location Tracking
- Public and Private Channels
- Two-way chat
- VoIP Calling
- Increase in employee productivity
- Passcode enforced exit from kiosk mode for android devices & ios smartphones.
Thus, by lockdown android tablets for business purposes, companies can reduce many risks that they may face in mobility implementation. This way, they can leverage the best mobility in their organization.