We are elated to announce that Scalefusion has now integrated with Zebra Lifeguard OTA for managing Lifeguard OTA updates on all managed Zebra devices.
Over-the-air or OTA update is a powerful and extremely essential feature that makes management of a distributed device inventory easy, by and large. OTA updates are critical to endpoint security management. LifeGuard Over the Air (OTA) delivers updates and security patches to Zebra devices remotely. Using the OTA feature, enterprise IT teams can remotely update the firmware, BIOS, as well as other software on their endpoints. This is very critical as well as cost-effective for organizations that have a large number of mobile devices that are spread out over a diverse geography and may or may not be easy to physically administer.
With LifeGuard Over the Air (OTA) integration, IT admins can now manage firmware over the air updates (FOTA) at both the device level and group level on the Scalefusion dashboard for Zebra devices. This update enables IT teams to detect and patch software updates on Zebra devices via Scalefusion.
For this feature to be in action, you should be subscribed to the Legacy or Modern Enterprise Plan and have Zebra devices enrolled on the Scalefusion platform. You will also need valid Zebra admin account credentials to get started.
How does it work?
- You can configure Zebra settings on the Scalefusion dashboard
- Based on the account configurations, the backend will query and sync the updates with the managed Zebra devices.
- You can obtain a summarized view of the status of updates, device as well as updates wise and perform certain actions on them like sync, install, hide and also download CSV reports.
Once Scalefusion syncs the available updates, the details of OS updates will be available on the Scalefusion dashboard. You can select the device view or the updates view to customize the nature of the report.
The step-by-step process for configuration is available in the help doc
The summary for these updates can be viewed with crucial details such as:
- OTA Enabled: The total no. of Zebra devices that are enrolled on Scalefusion, with ‘Zebra Enrollment Manager’ installed and configured.
- Devices Updated: The total no. of devices that have received all updates and have no pending updates.
- Pending Updates: The total no. of devices where there is at least one update in progress/scheduled and is not installed yet.
The reports can be configured with filters for device groups, devices, model of the device, as well as status updates. This advanced reporting can help IT administrators obtain a granular view of the installation status of OS updates and patches.
Furthermore, the following actions can be performed on all or selected updates in bulk:
- Update Firmware: To initiate the installation of the pending updates on the devices which are eligible for the selected update.
- Sync Update Status: To sync the status of all the updates which were approved and sent to the device for installation
You can explore the details here.
Enterprises with Zebra devices can try this feature by accessing the Scalefusion dashboard. New to Scalefusion? Set up a free demo here.