Application whitelisting or blacklisting is crucial on enterprise devices to ensure that the productive employee time is not wasted on non-work applications. As digital transformation is embraced by enterprises, by and large, having devices with unlimited access to entertainment apps can lead to severe employee distraction, impacting the overall efficiency and also burdening the enterprises with added data costs. Furthermore, having access to untrusted applications can result into malware installation on devices, causing a serious threat to critical corporate data. For preventing access to unauthorized apps on enterprise devices, a mobile device management tool can come to the rescue.
With Scalefusion MDM, IT administrators can create comprehensive device policies that define which apps are to be allowed and which are to be blocked. While defining the policies for enterprise devices, IT admins can whitelist apps on Android as well as iOS devices with ease. While a kiosk software can help to whitelist or blacklist applications on Android and iOS devices, Scalefusion helps to achieve extensive remote management with added kiosk management capabilities.
In this article, we will be discussing how to whitelist or blacklist apps on Android and iOS devices managed with Scalefusion Android MDM.
How to whitelist Apps on Android devices
1. Get started by enrolling your Android devices on Scalefusion. Navigate to the Device Management section of the Scalefusion dashboard. Choose the device profile to start whitelisting apps. Set Scalefusion as a launcher.
2. In the Select Apps section of the Device Profile, select applications that are to be whitelisted on the select device profiles. The applications that are not selected are automatically blacklisted.
3. You can also search for applications and whitelist them.
How to whitelist Apps on iOS devices
1. Navigate to the Device Management section of the Scalefusion dashboard. Select the iOS device profile to whitelist or blacklist apps.
2. In the Select apps section, choose the applications that you want to whitelist. Application whitelisting is only available on supervised iOS devices.
3. Alternatively, you can also block apps on iOS devices by blacklisting the apps in the device profile section.
Scalefusion offers comprehensive application management for Android and iOS devices. Application whitelisting can help significantly in ensuring that your employees are not distracted, the enterprise devices are not misused and the data costs are always under a check.
Share[easy-social-share buttons="facebook,twitter,linkedin" sharebtn_style="icon" counters=0 style="icon" point_type="simple"]