Single App Kiosk Mode means to set an app as the default and make it run all-time on the device. The application set as default takes over even if the device reboots or restarts. Setting a device into kiosk mode using an Android MDM solution converts any Android smartphone or tablet into a kiosk. Single app mode can be enabled remotely from a web-based MDM to ensure that the device owner/admin has totaly control over the device without physically configuring it for dynamic business needs.
What does kiosk mode do?
A kiosk mode in Android device enables the device owners to control the device operation strictly for business purposes. Essentially, the end-users are prevented from accessing non-business applications, websites as well as device peripherals that can hamper the device operation for business.
Kiosk mode is widely used at public facilities, waiting areas and transport hubs. Here are few use-cases in different industries that make use of Android devices in Single App Kiosk Mode.
At a restaurant, where the customers are given tablets to browse the menu to place an order. The restaurant can choose to create their own app/website to run all the time on tablets. This will create an everlasting brand impression in the mind of the customer. Also, misuse of the device by the customer can be avoided.
Display Kiosks in Retail Store
In retail stores, Android devices are used in a much more intuitive way. The table displays information about the products and discounts available online through the browser. This gives an idea to the customers about the new arrivals currently available in the store. Likewise, it also helps the owner of the store to keep their customers up to date with upcoming stuffs in the retail store.
Interactive Kiosks in Amusement Parks and Museums
Amusement parks maintain Interactive tablet kiosks that help in giving information to the customers about the types of rides, ticket prices, getting directions, etc. This improves the customer experience by serving the customers in a better, quicker and in an interactive way. This restrains the visitors from fiddling with the device settings or accessing any other app. This also makes sure that the devices are used for a specific purpose and helps in considerably reducing the maintenance efforts and cost for the devices.
Information Kiosks at Government Institutes
Tablets can be used as Information kiosks in a single app kiosk mode that contains useful information for the public on a particular topic. It keeps people focused on the content providing them with some quality information.
With Scalefusion Kiosk Lockdown, you can lockdown your Android device(s) into Single App Kiosk Mode and perform all these activities. Scalefusion ensures that the devices are being used consistently, efficiently, and effectively for their intended purpose, and simplifies the working experience of the end-user.
To enable the single app kiosk mode on your Android device, firstly, you need to log into your Scalefusion account on the dashboard and install Scalefusion on your Android device and log into your device as well.
How to turn on Kiosk mode on Android devices using Scalefusion
To lock down your device(s) into Single App Kiosk Mode from the Scalefusion dashboard, please follow these simple steps given below,
- After you log into your Scalefusion account, click on Devices tab on the left sidebar.
- Click on VIEW DETAILS on the device you wish to set in Single App Kiosk Mode. as shown in the image below.
3. Now, click on the slider next Enable Application from the right-hand side panel to enable the application the device, as shown in the image below.
4. Then, click on the slider next to Set Default to set the selected application as a default application on the device, as shown in the image below.
5. Click on the slider next Run All the Time, this option will allow the selected app to run on the device without relaunching the app. (You can also enter the number of seconds as per your wish if you want some delay in launching the selected app.)
6. Now, click on Apply to save all the settings. You have successfully set your device in Single App Kiosk Mode!!
How to turn on Kiosk mode in Android devices managed by Scalefusion:
To use an Android tablet as a kiosk, company IT admins can configure the Single App Kiosk Mode from the said device managed by Scalefusion. Please follow the steps given below,
- Launch Scalefusion on the device.
- Go to settings on the right-hand side, as shown in the image below.
3. Tap on Set Default Application in the Menu, as shown in the image below.
4. Next, select the application that will run all the time in the Single App Kiosk Mode and tap on save, as shown in the image below,
You have successfully set your device into Single App Kiosk Mode!!
It is important to remember that Single App Kiosk Mode runs only on one application. This approach is the easiest one that you can take, using your official application as a Launcher application is fairly simple and you can quickly get going without much trouble.
For iPhone or iPad Check: How to Lock your iPhone or iPad into Kiosk Mode
With the rapid growth in enterprise devices, it’s necessary to manage and secure their devices more effectively using a Device Management software. Manage Devices more relentlessly not only for Android & iOS devices but also for Windows using our Windows 10 Kiosk Mode solution.