At Scalefusion, our dedication to continuous improvement and innovation stems from our unwavering commitment to making the daily operations of IT teams as seamless as possible. Our users’ evolving needs remain at the forefront of our priorities, and delivering updates that truly enhance their experience with our platform is our driving force.
With great excitement, we are thrilled to unveil the latest updates to Scalefusion Android Device Management solutions. These updates represent a significant leap forward in our quest to provide the most robust and user-friendly solutions for Android device management.
Join us as we delve into the exciting new features and enhancements added to Scalefusion for Android in May 2023.
1. App Configuration for Enterprise Apps
We understand that not all enterprise applications are readily accessible through the Google Play Store, which is why we offer Scalefusion Enterprise Store, where IT admins can upload native applications and install them on the devices.
To enhance functionality and improve security while using enterprise apps, it is important to consider app configuration. With the App Configuration for Enterprise Apps feature, IT teams can now use the configuration wizard to configure and push native apps on the devices. Scalefusion MDM Agent will seamlessly read the configurations from the uploaded APK, assuming it supports App Config.
Say goodbye to the complexities of manual configurations and embrace a more streamlined approach to managing your enterprise applications.
2. Enhanced Google Chrome Browsing Protection
Whenever a device is enrolled on Scalefusion MDM, it could take a while for Google Chrome to be updated and for the managed configuration to be applied via Managed Google Play. During this time, the allowed websites policies do not work and the end-user can access any website using Google Chrome.
To prevent any misuse while the Google Chrome app is updated, IT admins can choose to enforce the allowlist and blocklist policies via the Scalefusion MDM agent app. This feature will work for the devices that are enrolled via Device Owner/Android EMM mode.
IT admins can configure Scalefusion-based URL Allowlist & blocklist using Chrome config and also obtain the status update of the configuration.
3. Retain SD Card Data on Factory Reset
We have observed that a few organizations such as educational institutions provide SD Cards with content to the end-users on a managed device. With this update, IT admins can now choose to factory reset the device but retain the SD Card content and avoid losing the data on SD Card.
4. Enhancements for EMM Managed Devices
- IT admins can now enable adaptive brightness to be turned on. This setting can be accessed from the display settings section on the dashboard.
- IT admins can disable settings access on the boot of the device, which prevents unauthorized access to settings during device power ON.
5. Other Enhancements and Updates
- On Lenovo devices, IT admins can now prevent users from changing the Screen Lock type. This helps prevent unwarranted changes to password/pin or prevents end-users from setting their own password/pin using the settings app.
- IT admins can now also disable the Settings option from the 3 dots in Kiosk mode. This can prevent end-users from trying to force an exit from Scalefusion management.
- To extend more granular customizations, we have now allowed all custom properties to be used in Lost mode messages. IT admins can now use all $device. and/or $user. Properties while configuring device-level actions for lost mode.
At Scalefusion, our goal is to meet the dynamic demands of Android device management and provide cutting-edge solutions that empower IT teams. We look forward to you trying out the new features for Android MDM by Scalefusion. Your feedback on this release is immensely valuable to us as we strive for continuous improvement.