Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solutions are fast gaining traction in most digital enterprises. The UEM approach provides a secure and centralized platform to control and manage a diverse set of devices like desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, digital signages, rugged devices, wearables, printers, and many more.
UEM benefits also include user flexibility wherein employees can work with the devices of their choice, access important information with ease, and witness an improved efficiency and productivity.
Why UEM Solutions are Important for a Digital Enterprise?
- According to a Tech Pro Research, “BYOD is in use at 59% of organizations with another 13% planning to allow it.” The type of devices, employees use for work is beginning to expand, which needs focused security and control mechanisms to protect corporate assets on these devices.
- There is an influx of IoT devices like wearables, smart speakers, smart TVs, smart appliances which are connected through the internet, which will reach 30.73 billion in number by 2020, which presses the need to deploy a UEM solution for these devices.
- According to a Forrester Report (commissioned by IBM), “more than 80 percent of organizations will leverage artificial intelligence or cognitive computing to analyze endpoints by 2020.” Augmented UEM intelligence will deliver enhanced security, maximizing user productivity and increasing operational efficiency.
Benefits of UEM Systems
1. Improves IT Security Administration:
IT security in an enterprise is a resource-intensive task that requires time, monetary and human investment. UEM solutions include comprehensive security controls like:
- Registered devices and software inventory
- Secure endpoint configurations
- Administrative privilege controls
- Easy device enrollment, pre-configuration, and retirement for any device
- Silent pushing up of policies, apps, and updates
According to the Enterprise Management Associates survey, security is the most challenging objective for any organization. A modern UEM solution should have fully integrated security assurance, well-defined, common processes for recording device information, deployment, and provisioning applications, and ensuring security policy compliance.
2. Manages Endpoint Complexity:
Endpoint management is another formidable challenge to overcome. IT team in an organization typically supports multiple operating environments (on an average four) – two computing devices for business purposes, and (or) a PC or a mobile device for a regular day at the office. Each device has a unique configuration, applications, services, and security protocols.
UEM solutions today simplify device management and offer fully integrated support for multi-device architecture.
You should opt for a UEM solution that offers:
- Different OS types like Android, iOS, MAC, Windows, Linux.
- Helps in seamless migration from legacy platforms to EMM compliant versions.
- Caters to the diverse device set in a digital workspace: BYO, IoT, Sensors, Desktops, Laptops, Rugged, Wearables, Mobile and Cloud, Kiosks, Printers, etc.
3. Savings in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO):
Many enterprises shy away from investing in UEM solutions, because of the upfront initial costs, but enterprise endpoint management is economical to solve if done in a unified manner. With UEM you get:
- A single console to set up and manage different devices.
- Well-structured and a single console for easy implementation, manage reporting and track security compliance.
- A centralized platform for device analytics and report generation which would have been difficult to collect from disparate sets if different tools would have been deployed for different devices.
- Consistent support across the multi-device architecture.
If you invest in a single UEM solution, the infrastructure, licensing, and management costs drastically reduce TCO.
4. Employee Satisfaction:
Apart from simplifying device management for the IT admins, UEM has potential benefits for the end-users as well. With UEM in control, employees are free to use any device and access any content from anywhere and anytime to get their works done with ease, security, and efficiency. This flexibility along with the sense of control empowers them to produce better results and be answerable.
For corporate employees, UEM helps them to stay productive in the following ways:
- Easy access to enterprise content: A company with a robust UEM solution can enable employees to use their preferred devices and a chosen platform. Employees working with these managed devices will just require a unique user ID and password to access important enterprise content and files in real time from anywhere on their devices. This drives better decision-making, productivity and adherence to timeline.
- Better efficiency with less IT glitches: With UEM, employees work in an assured manner that IT help is always at hand and the sense of being connected always with a singular platform frees them from any worries related to IT glitches. They work independently knowing that the IT admin can remotely troubleshoot the devices in case of any challenges and restrictions. Alongside, IT admins can silently push apps, content, policies and software configurations for better work productivity.
- A sense of control with device and data security: Unified Endpoint Management software offers employees as well as organizations a sense of control and security over devices and data wherein the employees can work flexibly without any hassle and IT admins can track and manage the endpoints from a single console. This promotes organizational agility and employee productivity with the satisfaction to work in a free yet predictable way.
Scalefusion Unified Endpoint Management brings together effective, secure & comprehensive endpoint management from a single console, thus eliminating the need for a fragmented approach for different devices in an enterprise ecosystem. This helps in implementing a uniform enterprise security policy, reduces duplication of IT efforts, eliminates redundancy in set-up, configuration, and pushing policies. This drastically reduces the IT cost for the organization and supports a productive and efficient work culture.