Enterprise mobility has undoubtedly disrupted the way organizations and employees produce results today, anytime and from anywhere. However, apart from the numerous benefits that it offers, it also paves way for several security risks, which are especially more concerning for companies who seek to protect their corporate data stored in these mobile devices from being compromised. While mobile devices have ushered in numerous advancements like easy access to crucial information, real-time communication and faster decision-making in overall business processes and operational functionalities, overlooking the challenges will be a big mistake. Hence, more and more companies are looking up to having a corporate-owned device policy. Let’s know the reasons.
What is a corporate-owned device policy?
When employees use their own mobile devices carrying out their day-to-day enterprise tasks from remote locations, they tend to collect, share and access crucial organization data and information, which cannot be avoidable if they want to stay productive seamlessly. But in the process, they unknowingly make these critical enterprise data stored in these personal devices vulnerable to loss or misuse. This brings the importance of corporate-owned device policy to the forefront.
In simple words, a corporate-owned device policy takes place when companies provide selected mobile devices to their employees for performing a certain pre-decided set of office works. In these cases, the company will have complete control over the devices, and they can manage, monitor and secure these devices remotely and from real-time with the help of a Mobile Device Management solution.
Importance of corporate-owned device policy
A corporate device usage policy is a win-win for companies as well as employees. While companies can now rest assured about how the data security, the employees too would have clear direction about device/data usage. Listed below are the 5 major reasons or benefits that corporate-owned device policy backed by a powerful MDM platform can add to the company.
1. Complete corporate data security: Company-owned device policy allows the company to distribute managed mobile devices (thanks to an MDM software) to the employees. Being owned by the company, the IT admin can configure relevant security policies, and apply conditional access and necessary usage regulations that can protect the corporate data stored in these mobile devices from being stolen, lost or misused. IT admin can also enforce certain encryption and Wi-Fi system to tighten network security and to mitigate cyberthreats.
2. Remote device management: Company-owned device policy along with an MDM platform in place enables the IT admin to seamlessly and remotely manage all devices from a centralized console in real-time. It gives the company much better control over all the connected devices across the network (even IoT devices) that are being used for work purposes. Corporate-owned device policy allows the IT admin to remotely lock the devices or wipe the data stored in the devices in case of emergencies like data loss or theft.
3. Real-time device monitoring: Company-owned devices can be easily managed through an MDM solution, adding an extra layer of data protection. This allows the IT admin to remotely monitor the devices from a centralized dashboard while having complete visibility of the entire device inventory. Real-time monitoring and location tracking functionality can be enforced on corporate-owned devices that enable the IT admin to take immediate measures in case of situations like device loss, geofence breach, security risks, forgotten password and other issues.
4. Leverage unique MDM features: The best part of having a corporate-owned device policy is that an MDM software can be leveraged to seamlessly manage, monitor and secure the devices remotely in real-time. Along with that, it also empowers the company IT admin to utilize some unique and meaningful features and capabilities like context-aware notifications, mobile application management, remote device troubleshooting, mobile content management, team collaboration, secure enterprise communication, kiosk lockdown mode and so on.
5. Improved productivity and reduced costs: When employees use corporate-owned devices, it is decided that these devices are solely for work purposes only and they must follow the security policies and regulations to adhere to the device usage guidelines. This approach along with the mobile devices loaded with all the relevant enterprise apps and content ensures that employees stay productive and answerable all the time. At the same time, the IT-enabled necessary restrictions like kiosk mode ensure to reduce costs incurred due to unlimited access to the internet and downloading of personal apps.
Choose Scalefusion to get the best out of your corporate-owned device policy
If you are looking for a powerful, intuitive, scalable and multi-OS MDM solution that can add measurable value to your corporate-owned device policy, Scalefusion MDM solution is the perfect answer. Its fundamental, as well as exclusive features and capabilities, allow your company to reap the maximum benefits out of your mobile devices, which driving productivity, precision and profitability.