With more than 3.3 billion Android devices being used in the world, there’s no doubt on how the popularity of Android devices has surged. And while Android phones and tablets have been adopted for personal use, they are also extremely popular for commercial deployments like information kiosks and digital signages. In educational institutes, Android tablets are used to drive e-learning and students too use tablets and phones by Android for entertainment as well as for educational purposes.
Why is it necessary to manage apps on devices?
One of the biggest concerns while deploying an Android device for work is data usage and app access. The Google Play Store has a plethora of apps for work, entertainment, and information. With an influx of readily available apps, exercising access control on these applications is a priority. For businesses, these apps can prove as a hindrance in operations as well as a distraction, impacting productivity, not to mention the excess data costs. In an educational environment or even homes where students & kids are using Android devices, gaining control over apps and app usage is essential, to avoid misuse and distractions.
With Scalefusion Android MDM, blocking apps on Android devices is quick and simple. For enterprise devices, IT admins can block applications available from Play For Work. For devices deployed in a non-corporate environment such as schools, parental controls can be enforced by blocking apps on Android phones and tablets. Android devices can be also locked into a single app mode for work or advertising purposes, where only a single allowed application runs on the device, avoiding any misuse of the device from the users.
How to block apps on Android devices?
In this article, we will have a look at the process to block apps on Android devices. Let’s have a look at the step-by-step guide at how to block apps on Android devices with Scalefusion:
1.Sign up/ Login to Scalefusion Dashboard and enroll Android devices. Make sure you use a non-G-suite account for the same.
2. Navigate to Device Management section and select Device Profiles.
3. Device Profiles are a set of policies to be applied to the device to gain control and ensure security. Choose an appropriate name for the Device Profile. Select the Android operating system and start creating a Device Profile.
4. Now, you can start allowing applications that you want to be available on the enrolled Android device.
5. You can select Scalefusion Launcher Mode or Scalefusion Agent Mode. Note that in Agent Mode, you can further restrict applications with the help of EMM settings.
6. Move to the Restrictions tab. In Agent Mode, you can control the EMM settings and restrict apps. This will block apps on Android devices that are not approved by you.
7. To approve applications, you have to navigate to the enterprise section of the dashboard and select utilities.
8. Now, you can add apps from the Play for Work store (For EMM devices). Search the application of your choice using the Search and Add button.
9. You can see all the applications available on the Play for Work store. You can choose an application and approve it.
10. Once an app is approved in this step, you can allow it on the enrolled Android devices.
With Scalefusion MDM, it is easy to block apps on Android devices. You can also block all the apps on an Android device and allow only enterprise apps to be available on the device.
Scalefusion MDM is the simplest way to avoid excess data costs, mitigate misuse and unauthorized access to inappropriate apps at work or school.
Start your 14-day free trial and check out the awesome capabilities & features of Scalefusion MDM.