With technology, the way people shop has drastically transformed. With e-commerce, reaching out to potential customers over the internet has become quick and easy. And while there’s a huge section of consumers that have switched to online shopping, there’s still a considerably large population of consumers that opts for physical shopping. Technology has also transformed the conventional shopping model and has replaced physical stores with retail kiosks. Outdoor Retail kiosks help drive more consumer engagement while cutting down the cost of labor.
What is Retail Kiosk?
Installed in areas that see a large footprint such as stadiums and shopping malls, retail kiosks help consumers make a purchase decision by accessing product information at their own convenience. Also known as outdoor retail kiosks, consumers can browse the directory, learn about the product, and then make an order using digital payment. Retail kiosks can also be spotted in a physical store with a line of products and can be used to order the items not available in the store inventory. Using automated retail kiosks that essentially work like vending machines, operated using interactive kiosks software, consumers can select a product, make a purchase, and obtain the product at the same moment. Essentially, retail kiosks close all the ends of losing out on a potential sale.
Why choose a Retail Kiosk?
Retail has the largest contribution to the self-service kiosks market with a 22.6 percent market share in 2017¹. Modern shoppers prefer quick and anonymous interactions when it comes to activities like picking up groceries, quick-service food, or withdrawing money from the bank. Kiosk software in retail brings about the ability to serve the consumers round the clock without having to invest in 24*7 staff. Kiosks are a one-time investment and cut-down payroll and maintenance costs in the long run.
Here’s How Retail Kiosks are Revolutionizing the industry:
- Kiosks supporting peripheral devices like printers, projectors, document scanners, payment devices, etc. for enhanced user experience.
- Kiosks are interactive and intuitive to use, and limited application avoids confusion.
- Users don’t need human interaction, self-service kiosks make the process quick, and helps in avoiding queues.
- Kiosks in idle mode can be used to display advertisements and information for users.
What is Retail Kiosk Software?
Retail Kiosk Software helps drive sales with reduced errors. It is essential the software that runs a retail kiosk, helps in publishing content, blocks unauthorized access, and secures the kiosk from misuse. Retail kiosk software is an interactive kiosk software that helps in deploying and managing kiosks remotely.
According to MarketsAndMarkets², the interactive kiosk software market is expected to be worth USD 30.53 Billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 5.69% between 2017 and 2023.
“The value of the U.S. interactive kiosk industry market will reach $1 BILLION BY 2021,” a USATECH³ report predicts.
Retail Kiosk Software: Capabilities & Features
As Retail Kiosks become more popular, it is crucial to choose the right kiosks software for retail that can mitigate the challenges in managing interactive remote kiosks.
Here are the key features to look for in a Retail Kiosk Software:
1. Kiosk Lock Down Mode – A kiosk lockdown mode is an essential element of retail kiosk software. Kiosk lockdown mode enables locking retail kiosks into a single app or multi-app mode. This ensures that the retail kiosks are specifically used for business purposes at all times.
2. Security and Protection – Retail Kiosk Software provides a secure platform to provide controlled use of the device and adhere to the security policy for system and user protection. The admin can select the features (or services) the users can access, in this case, the customers or employees. The user will be unable to access, install, or uninstall any app thereby ensuring complete data safety.
3. Remote Management and Mass Deployment – Retail kiosk software enables remote management of Kiosk devices irrespective of their geographical locations. IT can configure the kiosk software for bulk deployment, security patch updates, setting alerts, or pushing new content on the kiosk. With remote management, a kiosk can support multi-permission level access.
4. App and User Management – With an interactive Kiosks software for retail, App and user management is simplified and flexible with capabilities like enabling single or multiple apps, creating and deploying multiple user profiles. Retail kiosk software should enable session timeouts to ensure user privacy.
5. Health Monitoring and Diagnostics – An ideal retail kiosk solution should enable the IT team to monitor the device’s health and performance at all times through a remote dashboard. A preferred retail kiosk software should:
- Monitor device battery, storage, and data usage.
- Notify unauthorized access to the physical unit and any compliance violation.
- Send alerts to devices for battery and data usage.
- Monitors system status & notify an admin in case of a crash, and auto-recovery by restarting the application.
- Automatically log into a limited access user account in case of a reboot.
- Allow remote diagnostic logging for troubleshooting and development
6. User Experience – A robust retail kiosk solution should enable the admin to block popups, notification bars, status messages to offer an uninterrupted, flawless shopping experience to the user.
Scalefusion Retail Kiosk Software offers superior productivity, better asset, and device management, enhanced customer experience with a digitized process, and reduce manpower in a retail setup, making it the hottest trend in the industry. Scalefusion’s feature-rich and multi-platform kiosk lockdown solution is available for Android, iOS, and Windows 10 OS with valuable add-on features and capabilities. We are highly recognized and recommended by our clients for providing a perfect Retail Kiosk software to manage, control, and secure a fleet of devices to ensure productivity and precision.