Driving efficient communication between teams in an organization is essential to drive collaboration. While companies extend mobile devices with calling functionality to streamline inter-team communication, it also raises the disadvantage of added cellular costs occurring from personal use.
Restricting calling functionality only for business purpose can immensely help in reducing unnecessary cellular costs and improving employee productivity.
Block outgoing calls & messages in Android phones
Scalefusion helps in blocking outgoing calls and messages in your Android device. To block outgoing calls and messages, simply do not enable the Android messaging and Dialer app from the device. If you do not enable these Android apps in your Scalefusion kiosk lockdown mode, they will not appear on your kiosk screen. A Kiosk Lockdown Mode, simply means that the regular home screen of the device is replaced by the password protected custom home screen. This creates a secured environment that blocks users to access the dialer /SMS Apps. This will prevent users from making any outgoing calls or messages. Scalefusion acts as an incoming & outgoing call blocker by not giving access to the dialer app.
Block incoming & outgoing calls with Eva
Scalefusion powers communication between managed devices with Eva Communication Suite. With Eva, IT teams can create business specific contact lists and allow work-only calls on managed devices. To acquire better control and to regulate calling within the organization, IT can block incoming or outgoing calls in Android devices managed with Scalefusion.
Let us have a look at the step-by-step process to block incoming and outgoing calls in Android Phones:
To begin with, ensure that:
- Your device is enrolled into Scalefusion
- Eva Communication Suite is enabled on your Scalefusion account
- Eva app is published on your enrolled device
1.Navigate to the Eva Communication Suite section on the dashboard. Select the Phone Section.
2. Start by creating a Contact List. The device users will be allowed to exchange calls only between this contact list.
3. Start configuring the contact list. You can add contacts to the contact list at this point. You can also configure the incoming and outgoing call settings for the entire contact list.
4. You can also configure settings for individual contacts in the list. You can selectively block only incoming or outgoing calls from a particular contact.
5. To edit the existing contact list, you can navigate back to the contact list and click on the dropdown. You can customize the incoming and outgoing call settings at this step.
Blocking outgoing calls and messages will give you control over the devices and make it more secure to use in an organization. This also helps in keeping the employee focused on the job and make sure devices are put to use for the intended purpose.