The feature of workflow and device reports management has become an essential part for any organization to streamline, capture and analyze essential vitals of managed devices enrolled in an MDM solution.
In the past, choosing an MDM solution for a business, the feature of workflow management and device reports used to be an add-on third-party integration but, over the years, it has become a native part of almost all the MDM solutions available in the market.
What is the workflow for device reports and why is it important?
In an MDM solution, analyzing device reports is an amalgamation of comprehensive reporting of all the managed device vitals that are required to orchestrate business operations seamlessly. These business operations can include the mobilization of workforce tasks as well as obtaining detailed device management reports with analytics of device performance at the same time.
You will be able to navigate the analytics and reporting of device groups as well as individual devices in a single panel. It streamlines the organizational workflow in an organized manner as well as allows room for the prediction of device downtime to the IT admins.
The holistic dashboard of Scalefusion MDM solution allows IT admins to generate robust managed device reports with the ease of monitoring the device vitals in a centralized dashboard.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can utilize the feature of device management reports and innovate your business operations in the Scalefusion dashboard.
How to schedule Reports with Scalefusion?
Step – 1
Sign in to your Scalefusion dashboard and click on the Reports and Workflows section on the left-hand side of the feature panel. In the sub-menu, click on Workflows.
Step – 2
In the workflows section, You will have to create a new flow to automate and schedule the tasks or set alerts on your managed devices. Click on Create Flow tab on the top right-hand side of the screen.
Step – 3
You will see a platform/OS-based workflow creation box for diversified workflow options such as Android, iOS, Windows 10 & global. Click on the global icon.
Step – 4
After clicking the global tab, scroll down to the last section of workflows and click on Device reports. Here, you will be able to schedule the predetermined frameworks of analytics that are to be received on the Mail for managed devices or a group of devices in a CSV format.
Step – 5
Now, you will have to define the device reports workflow in this section. Please find the detailed requirements of inputs mentioned below:
- Name – Create a name of the device reports that you wish to receive in the mail.
- Select device/devices – You need to select the preferences of receiving the device reports of either the specified device groups or all the devices managed by the company.
- Select device properties – You will have to choose what specifications of structured or detailed reports you wish to receive for the selected device groups or all devices managed by the organization. Some properties you can select are device name, OS, OS version, model, profile name, etc.
You can refer to the screenshots below for all the device properties.
Device Property screenshot – 1:
Device Property screenshot – 2:
Device Property screenshot – 3:
Device Property screenshot – 4:
Device Property screenshot – 5:
Device Property screenshot – 6:
- E-mail settings – You can choose either of the options in this section:
- Global email settings – If you select this section, then you can define it in the e-mail settings (as mentioned in the screenshot below in N.b. section) that apart from super admin, which other admins can receive the report directly on their e-mail.
N.b. – These options in the screenshot below will only be available for selection after you save the device report settings in this section.
- Custom email settings – You can choose to mention an email manually where the device reports can be scheduled to be received.
- Device Reports frequency – You can choose the specified time and timezone of your native location and set the frequency of device reports delivered to your mailbox such as daily or selected number of days as per your convenience.
Once done, click on save.
You have successfully scheduled Reports to be sent for a specific device group or all the managed devices in the organization with Scalefusion.
With Scalefusion MDM solution, orchestrate the workflow management and analyze the device vital reports of specific device groups or all the managed devices in your organization as per your defined frameworks of details and structure delivered directly into your mail in CSV format as per your selected time and frequency.