The popularity and demand for iOS devices at work is only estimated to grow. According to the Statista report1, there are at present over 100 million iPhone users in the US, which account for about 45% of total smartphone users in the country. The same report also says that Apple has sold over 1.5 billion iPhones since 2009, making the brand one of the most popular in the world.
Industrial surveys have also confirmed the fact that given a choice enterprise user would prefer using Apple devices at work for certain key reasons like user experience, impressive interface, in-built security and the brand’s appeal. No wonder that companies around the world are whole-heartedly deploying iOS devices for their employees, including both remote and inhouse workforce.
However, companies cannot ignore the fact that field force and frontline workers using iOS devices on-the-go and from remote locations might confront certain challenges. This blog will particularly talk about the enterprise benefits of remote screen-casting done on iOS devices.
What is remote screen-casting after all?
Talking from a company’s viewpoint, when an employee uses an iOS device for work on-the-go or from a far-flung location, he/she might confront certain issues pertaining to device usage, functionality or even downtime. The ability to wirelessly cast the active device screen on another remotely located device (usually a laptop) with the help of an app is generally defined as screen-casting. Screen casting is initiated via an already installed app on the mobile device and ideally the active screen is casted/shared with the company IT admin to gain authorized and real-time guidance or resolution to an immediate issue faced by the device holder. Remote screen sharing on iPhone proves to be a critical functionality that is provided by powerful and robust iOS MDM solution like Scalefusion.
Why company-owned iOS devices should have a screen-casting app on them?
Your employees working from multiple remote locations and with different shift timings need to stay connected and informed all the time and a screen-casting app ads immense value to their day-to-day productivity. The ability to cast/share/mirror one’s live/active phone screen with the IT admin solves numerous challenges in real-time.
- Proper direction to use a specific feature or app: When your iOS devices are managed through an MDM software, there are multiple features and capabilities that the solution brings into the picture. Casting or sharing the live device screen helps executives in situations wherein they need the IT admin’s involvement in gaining direction and guidance about using a particular feature or an app in a proper way to get their jobs done on time and with accuracy.
- Clarify critical issues and challenges with precision: Remote employees using iOS devices on the field for meeting special business purposes sometimes confront critical issues and challenges pertaining to a particular customer, service complain, item misplacement or so on. In these occasions, the device holder/employee might find screen-casting of iOS device rather helpful in gaining precise guidance from the IT admin who can direct the on-field employees about how to report the situation from the mobile device, which promotes customer trust and satisfaction.
- Reduce device downtime and maintains user productivity: Executives working from remote locations sometimes might fail to understand a specific device or apps issue and they might face difficulty in explaining the exact problem to the IT admin over a phone call. This often leads to longer communication loop, on top of confusion or misinterpretation of problem, leading to loss of productive work hours. Screen-casting of iOS mobile device allows the IT admin to gain a complete understanding of the challenge/issue at hand, which helps them give precise resolution and direction to the device holders/executives.
- Improves operational efficiency and time-to-market: Easy, precise and effective resolution and guidance provided by the IT admin through casting of the iOS screen can have multiple benefits such as remarkable reduction in device downtime, accelerated and improved on-field operations and faster time-to-market for enhanced business profitability. Reduction in device downtime also confirms employee productivity and work efficiency and together they streamline business processes at all levels, which leads to better customer experience and greater revenue generation.
- Enhances team collaboration and communication: Screen-casting as a feature can boost team collaboration and remote work for its overall benefits that eliminate scope of device downtime, unproductive hours, customer issues and other on-field challenges faced by the remote workforce. Apart from helping in these situations, remote screen-casting can also facilitate online and remote trainings and meetings, extensive product/feature demonstration, team communication, information-sharing and optimum device/app usage.
Most importantly, remote screen casting allows the company IT admin to practice the required level of control over corporate-owned iOS devices that are used by the remote workforce. It enables the company IT team to extend support to the field force in real-time, irrespective of their locations and time zones. When it comes to choosing an MDM solution, make sure that it comes powered with a dependable and robust Remote Cast and Control feature.