The recent times have witnessed an unprecedented growth of mobile workforce or field force executives who operate on-the-go, on-field and from remote locations owing to varied business purposes, depending on the industrial sector. Industries like high-tech, manufacturing, shipping, mining, construction, real estate, logistics, supply chain and transportation employ executives who mostly work under inconvenient or harsh weather conditions like extreme temperatures, arid and rocky lands, sandstorms, blizzards, high humidity and so on. And the one thing that keeps them connected with their team and enterprise information with real time communication is a rugged device. This blog will specifically talk about how company IT admins can leverage the feature called remote control for rugged devices by using Scalefusion MDM.
As a matter of fact, rugged devices are not only valued for their durability and hardiness but also for the fact that they are manufactured keeping in mind the client company’s business needs and operational requirements. Often, these durable and reliable enterprise rugged devices are used by multiple business users who work in different shifts and hence they come with multi-charging docks, relevant functionalities, replaceable batteries and other accessories that are designed to work under rough conditions and are resistant to shocks, breakage, humidity, heat, moist, water or dust.
Mostly, these are company-owned rugged devices that are provided to the field executives to carry on their day-to-day business tasks by accessing the right enterprise apps and content for better project visibility, accurate delivery planning, real time team interaction and communication, and enhanced field operations.
Why rugged device downtime is one of the core concerns for companies?
Rugged devices allow your field force to stay productive and perform under tough conditions by giving access to critical company information that helps them to make effective business decisions and drive customer engagement with improved results.
Having a rugged exterior, protected casing and other superior features like break-proof body, shatter-proof glass and hardy hardware, these devices are almost indestructible, even in the harshest of climates.
Keeping all these benefits driven by rugged devices in an enterprise scenario, it is easy to understand why rugged device downtime is one of the key challenges for companies. Especially, when their mobile workforce’s productivity, communication and efficiency depends on how well the rugged devices operate on the field.
Remote Cast and Control is one of the unique and powerful features of Scalefusion MDM. It seamlessly supports remote troubleshooting of Android-based rugged devices to reduce rugged device downtime drastically. The feature allows your field force to remotely share the active screen of their rugged devices with the IT admin, who can view the device screen on the MDM dashboard, detect and analyse the issue and can resolve the same over VoIP calls with the device user/employee. First of all, this feature in its totality is available for Android-based rugged devices and secondly, to use this feature, the Scalefusion RCC app has to be installed on the devices.
Once installed, this is how RCC feature helps in several ways. Let’s read in detail.
- It allows the device users to mirror (or cast) the active screen of their rugged devices that the IT admin can see on the MDM dashboard. This screen visibility allows the IT admin to find out the exact device issue that needs to be resolved or escalated.
- The RCC app also allows the IT admin to remotely control the rugged devices (Android 5.1 device) from the dashboard in real time so they could seamlessly and remotely troubleshoot the device issues. This saves time and effort for the device users and also help them get back to work at the earliest.
- During an active screen-cast session, the IT admin can also make a VoIP call (using Eva Communication Suite) to the field executive to communicate the issue and the steps to be taken when at times the situation requires device user’s intervention.
- The RCC feature also allows the IT admin to create and manage context-aware support tickets with detailed device & issue information on integrated ITSM tool. This helps to fasten the issue resolution process in a logical manner, in case of critical device problems that need escalation.
- RCC feature allows the IT admin to effectively manage device folders, download or upload files from managed rugged devices, remotely from the dashboard. During an active cast session, using the File Sync, IT admins can publish or gather specific documents to and from the device. This helps the device user to access the right content to finetune a particular issue.
The RCC feature of Scalefusion MDM is one of the core reasons why our customers love the product. The feature allows IT admins to easily leverage remote control for rugged devices in order to reduce device downtime, which ultimately help their field force to stay productive under tough work-condition with minimum technical hiccups from the device’s side. At the same time, troubleshooting device issues without physically accessing the devices at far-fetched locations significantly cut down on support costs while upkeeping device performance.