Just like data is the blood of a business, enterprise mobility plays the role of veins and nerves carrying those data. But the invasion of smart devices would mean nothing without those enterprise mobile apps that empower the users to leverage these smart devices to work from anywhere and anytime. Literally speaking, can you imagine using your smartphone without any access to the enterprise apps? In fact, even performing a single task will require you to use at least one application on the device.
Basic stats about Mobile Application Management
According to reliable sources like Statista, CTGUSA, Gartner, Adobe, TechCrunch and Enterprise Mobility Exchange, 69% of company teams are already using 2 to 5 enterprise apps while 27% are using more than 6 enterprise apps. Also, employees spend 9.240 productive hours per year by using enterprise mobile apps. The studies also say that companies have seen that employee satisfaction has increased by 19.23% by using enterprise mobile apps and an increase of 20.21% of employee loyalty is driven by enterprise apps.
However, this boon, which allows the employees to stay productive, precise and efficient at all times can also become an IT burden if it is not properly managed and monitored within a secured network. This is where Mobile Application Management as a solution comes into the picture to the very relief of the organizations that rely on enterprise apps for employee productivity but are clueless about securing the apps from unauthorized activities.
What is Mobile Application Management?
Mobile apps are dominating not only the consumer world but also the business environment where users are leveraging already existing business-friendly apps like Evernote, QuickOffice, mobile email, calendar plus a new generation of private enterprise apps developed by and customized for the companies, to stay operational, agile and productive all day long, from anywhere and anytime. But these mobile apps need to be managed for security and relevancy’s sake, which needs the intervention of Mobile Application Management. As a vital aspect of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), MAM can be defined as a software functionality that manages, secures and monitors the process of installing, uninstalling and accessing the commercial or company-built business apps within the company environment, on both corporate-owned and employee-owned (BYOD) devices.
Mobile Application Management provides application-level granular control to the company IT admins to monitor and secure enterprise app data by separating them from personal app and data and by restricting actions like copying or transferring of app data from work profile to personal profile. In short, MAM enables the IT admin to enforce security and corporate policies on enterprise mobile apps to limit any kind of data flow/sharing from one app to another and restrict unauthorized access leading to data breaches and security threats.
Benefits of Mobile Application Management
In an organization driven by enterprise mobility and remote workforce, enterprise apps play the most crucial role in allowing the employees to stay productive and agile. Mobile Application Management simply ensures that this flexibility of accessing enterprise apps is not misused. It ensures secure access to these enterprise apps while assuring the employees that their personal apps are not compromised by the company IT admin. So, MAM proves to be beneficial for both the company IT team and the device users/employees in securely optimizing the organizational processes. It effectively manages aspects like app delivery, management, updating, installing, wrapping, version control and configuration management of apps apart from handling notification management, enterprise app store, usage and performance analytics, security and user management and authentication.
Following are the vital benefits that MAM provides:
- Improved security: MAM ensures that enterprise apps are kept separated and secured from personal apps and unwanted access and the same time it prevents any sort of dataflow or sharing of information from one to another. In short, it protects the enterprise apps and the sensitive company data stored inside them from any security threats, risks and misuse.
- Increased productivity: It enables the IT admin to securely search, install, update and distribute enterprise apps from the apps store to the managed devices thereby allowing device users/employees to access the right apps at the right time that helps them take quick and effective business decisions. They use enterprise apps to fulfill varied business purposes within seconds.
- Lessens IT hassles: MAM enables the IT admin to seamlessly and effortlessly manage, monitor, secure, distribute, update and revoke enterprise apps and their usage from a single console. At the same time, they don’t have to worry about overseeing app upgrades and scheduling maintenance as MAM ensures that app upgrades are sent constantly to the end-users.
- Enhanced customer experience: MAM makes it possible for the device users to access the precise apps on the field or while facing the customers, which helps them solve particular customer queries or enables them to troubleshoot a specific issue with immediate action. These quick and effective business actions facilitated by enterprise apps enhance the overall customer experience.
- Increases flexibility: Ready availability of enterprise apps on handheld devices with the help of robust mobile application management makes it possible for the employees to work from anywhere and anytime and from any device. This flexibility doesn’t only increase employee productivity and work efficiency but also enhance the sense of loyalty and responsibility in employees.
- Streamlines work processes: Mobile Application Management holistically streamlines the entire enterprise work processes while enabling the IT team to simplify and secure the usage of enterprise apps. This improves employees’ ability to take a fast and effective decision and also reduces the data cost by limiting user access to unwanted apps in devices.
Top 5 trends governing Enterprise Apps in 2019
- Mobile apps and wearables: Wearables are being rapidly adopted by companies. According to an annual survey report from Enterprise Mobility Exchange, most companies are allowing their employees to access enterprise apps and data through wearables. Keeping this new development in mind, enterprise app developers are acquiring the expertise to meet enterprise requirements.
- Mobile app and AR/VR: Augmented and virtual reality is making inroads in companies due to its immersive and interactive. Companies are exploring ways to integrate AR/VR technology with enterprise mobile apps to enhance the impact of customer engagement, employee training and data visualization. The demand for ‘beyond the screen’ technology will only rise with time.
- Mobile apps and AI and ML: Mobile apps are on the way to leveraging the technology of artificial intelligence and machine learning and embedded together they will aim to give the user a more personalized experience along with instant data analysis. Chatbots integrated mobile apps will take real-time user-device communications interaction to the next level.
- Mobile apps and blockchain: Futuristic companies are exploring ways to integrate blockchain technology with mobile apps to drive purposes like smart contracts, supply chain tracking, payment processing. The future will witness blockchain being utilized by app developers to improve the real-time functionality of apps and app authentication.
- Mobile apps and IoT: Internet of things is penetrating every inch and corner of the enterprise technology framework and mobile apps are not spared! New age app developers are creating IoT-enabled work apps that are well-connected with sensors for businesses to detect and predict any failure or defects of industrial parts, saving time and cost for companies.
The use of enterprise mobile apps is predominant in almost every industrial sector and companies are gearing up fast to ensure that their employees are enabled enough to leverage these company-approved apps in their smart devices within a secure and controlled environment to get their jobs done in an easiest and most effective possible way. Mobile Application Management is invariably a great functionality to look out for whenever you search for a reliable EMM solution provider. Scalefusion can be the answer to all your queries here!