The kiosk industry has been constantly evolving. Newer trends and technologies are transforming enterprise use-cases. Gone are the days when kiosks were used only as ATMs or vending machines. Today, If you take a look around, kiosks are everywhere, in commercial as well as organizational settings. Businesses are deploying interactive and self-service kiosks in multiple public places. Airports, hospitals, restaurants, stores and movie theaters use public-facing kiosks. These kiosks are stand-alone devices that assist customers to execute various tasks independently. Whether you want to withdraw money or get information, kiosks help you execute it without interacting with the on-site staff. It is due to this prominence of kiosks that kiosk management software are now crucial.
Business Deployments of Digital Kiosks:
Healthcare: Hospitals can deploy interactive or informative kiosks to improve the patient experience. Patients can book appointments or check doctors’ availability using these kiosks. Caregivers can use kiosks to get patient information and treatment history.
Hospitality: Hotels and restaurants can help their customers gain information with digital kiosks. Customers can get information on hotel room availability, booking processes, feedback submission, and similar activities.
Education: Schools and universities can deploy digital kiosks for various purposes. Internet kiosks, way-finder kiosks, payment kiosks and much more to simplify on-campus activities.
Retail: Retail kiosks enhance customer experience through easy transactions and lesser queues, thanks to the innovative solutions offered by retail software development. Customers can discover product inventory, discounts, upselling and cross-selling opportunities.
Finance: Kiosks have multiple use-cases in banks and financial institutes. Customers can privately and independently withdraw or deposit money. Routine processes like answering basic customer queries, and accessing information can be automated with kiosks.
Read This: Understand how kiosks are revolutionizing varied industrial sectors
Popular Types of Kiosks Used Across Industries
According to Fortune Business Insights, the worldwide market of self-service kiosks will approximately reach US$ 19600M in 2024 from US$ 15200M in 2019.
Let’s explore the types of kiosks and how companies can leverage the benefits of kiosk software.
- Information Kiosks: These kiosks are used for providing specific static information and to educate users about a particular business matter. Retail stores provide information about the product, pricing and availability. Hospitals provide information about patient treatment history or doctor’s availability. In transport hubs, they display timetables and schedules using information kiosks.
- Digital Signages: Digital signage is a type of kiosk that is used for advertising and promotional activities. Businesses display a particular message in the loop in public places like hospitals, hotels, transport stations, airports, shopping malls, etc. using these digital kiosks. These kiosks are pre-configured to play videos, images, audio or presentations.
- Interactive kiosks: Many businesses install self-service kiosks to assist customers without human interaction. Banks deploy these interactive kiosks for paying bills, making transactions or opening new accounts. Hotels use these kiosks to help customers place food orders or feedback. In hospitals, they are used for booking appointments with caregivers. Other use cases involve purchasing parking tickets, self-check-in at airports and so on.
- Wayfinding Kiosks: These kiosks help customers/visitors navigate to their desired locations. Such kiosks are deployed at malls, tourist areas, crossroads, metro stations and other similar public places.
- Internet Kiosks: As the name suggests, these kiosks allow users to browse the internet. They provide an easy browsing experience in public places like hotel waiting areas, transport hubs and airports.
Why is Kiosk Management Software Indispensable?
Keeping in mind the different use cases of kiosks, their market adoption and multiple industry benefits, businesses must adopt a kiosk management software. Kiosks carry important corporate information and customer data. Remote management, security and monitoring of these kiosks are important.
Implementing effective kiosk management software creates noticeable business values:
- Intuitive kiosk modes improve customer engagement
- Easy self-service enhances customer experience
- Remote troubleshooting reduces device downtime
- Controlled internet access improves employee productivity
- Restricted device usage mitigates data overages
- Easy device enrollment fastens go-to-market strategy
Scalefusion Kiosk Management Software for Businesses
- Enables companies to lock down their devices running on multiple platforms like Android, Windows, and iOS.
- Allows the IT admin to lock down corporate-owned devices into a single app, multi-app or browser kiosk mode.
- Helps companies track their locked-down devices in real-time using location-tracking and geo-fencing features
- Allows the IT admin to receive notifications and alerts regarding incidents like failed passwords, geofence breach, device battery status, etc.
- Facilitates remote management of kiosks from a centralized dashboard. You can deploy security policies, remote data wipe and device lock/unlock, etc.
- Enables the company IT team to remotely and silently install and publish private apps on managed kiosk devices.
- Allows remote troubleshooting of device issues by mirroring the live device screen for the IT admin to check and resolve in real-time.
- Allows IT admin to publish/unpublish important corporate content, files and documents that employees can access through their managed devices.
- Allow company IT admin to gain a bird’s eye view of the entire device inventory from a centralized and unified dashboard.
Scalefusion’s Kiosk Management Software is built keeping the major enterprise challenges, expectations, and use cases in mind. Its powerful features ensure improved employee productivity and operational efficiency and corporate data security. Scalefusion comes powered by an excellent customer support team as well.