The kiosk industry has been constantly evolving owing to the newer technologies and transforming enterprise use-cases. Gone are the days when kiosks were used purely as an ATM or vending machine. Today, If you take a look around, kiosks are everywhere, being embraced in commercial as well as organizational settings. Interactive and self-service kiosks are being extensively used in multiple public places such as airports, hospitals, railway and bus stations, educational institutes, restaurants, shopping malls, movie halls and so on. These kiosks are mostly stationary or stand-alone devices/machines that assist users/customers to accomplish a specific task (like withdrawing money from an ATM) and obtaining a piece of particular information by feeding the right inputs. The prominence of kiosks makes the importance of kiosk management software, pretty evident!
These kiosk machines are also used to accelerate certain processes and transactions without any human interaction/interference and can be found in several industries such as:
Healthcare: Patients and guests find it easy and quick to book appointments and check doctor’s availability using the information on kiosks. Kiosks are used by caregivers to check patient data and treatment history.
Hospitality: In hotels and restaurants, kiosks help customers/visitors gain readymade information about the hotel-rooms and service availability, booking processes, feedback submission, and similar activities.
Education: Existing and prospective students benefit from rightly-placed kiosks in educational institutes for checking the internet, finding direction, making small transactions, accessing learning guides and listening to announcements.
Retail: Retail kiosks enhance customer experience through easy and queue-less payment transactions, the option to discover product inventory, various discounts and offers, along with upselling and cross-selling opportunities.
Finance: Kiosks are being rapidly used in banks and other transaction centers for multiple use cases like money deposit/withdrawal, automation of routine processes like answering basic customer queries, accessing information and so on.
In the following part of the blog, we will talk about the types of kiosks and how companies can leverage the benefits of kiosk software.
In fact, according to Fortune Business Insights, the worldwide market of self-service kiosks will approximately reach US$ 19600M in 2024 from US$ 15200M in 2019.
Let’s Look at the Most Popular Types of Kiosks That Are Used Across Industries –
Depending on the business scenario, user requirements, and enterprise goals, companies deploy kiosks of different types, like:
- Information Kiosks: These kiosks are used for providing specific static information and to educate users about a particular business matter/subject. In retail stores, they provide information around the product, pricing, and availability. In hospitals, they are used to provide information around patient treatment history or doctor’s availability. In transport hubs, they display timetables and schedules.
- Digital Signages: Digital signage is a type of kiosk that is mostly used for advertising and promotional activities to display a particular message in the loop at public areas like hospitals, educational institutes, hotels, transport stations, airports, shopping malls, common areas in office premises, expos, events and trade shows. These kiosks are pre-configured to play videos, images, audio or presentations.
- Interactive kiosks: Self-service kiosks are used in multiple public areas and assist customers to complete a specific task without any human interaction. These are used in banks for withdrawing/depositing money and paying bills and making transactions using mPOS devices. These are also used at hotels to select food items and to place an order. In hospitals, they are used for booking appointments with caregivers. Other use cases involve purchasing parking tickets, self-check-in at airports and so on.
- Wayfinding Kiosks: These are special types of kiosks that help customers/visitors navigate to their desired locations. This type can be easily seen in public places like shopping malls, tourist areas, movie halls, crossroads and metro stations.
- Internet Kiosks: As the name suggests, these are the types of kiosks that appear in the form of a laptop, computer, tablet, iPad or smartphone, which allows the use of a browser with an active internet connection. They provide an easy browsing experience at public places like hotel waiting areas, transport hubs and airports.
Why is Kiosk Management Software Indispensable?
Keeping in mind the different use cases of kiosks, their rapid industry growth, market adoption and their multiple industry benefits, it becomes imperative for companies to have proper kiosk management software at the place. It is also important to understand that these devices (standalone or mobile) carry important corporate information and customer data. At the same time, it becomes inevitable to ensure that these machines can be remotely managed, monitored and secured from a unified platform.
Overall, implementing effective kiosk management software creates noticeable business values:
- Intuitive kiosk modes improve customer engagement
- Easy self-service enhances customer experience
- Remote troubleshooting reduces device downtime
- Controlled internet access improves employee productivity
- Restricted device usage mitigates data overages
- Easy device enrollment fastens go-to-market strategy
But, having a powerful kiosk management solution like Scalefusion MDM can provide the obvious as well as special enterprise benefits for companies. As per the business use-case, employee-profile, work requirements, kiosk type and security concerns, Scalefusion kiosk software:
- Enables companies to lock down their devices running on multiple platforms like Android, Windows, and iOS.
- Allows the IT admin to lock down corporate-owned devices into a single app, multi-app or browser kiosk mode.
- Helps companies track their kiosk devices in real-time using location-tracking and geo-fencing features
- Allows the IT admin to receive notifications and alerts regarding incidents like failed passwords, geofence breach, device battery status, etc.
- Facilitate remote management of kiosks from a centralized dashboard with options like deploying security policies, remote data wipe and device lock/unlock, etc.
- Enables the company IT team to remotely and silently install and publish private apps on managed kiosk devices.
- Allows remote troubleshooting of device issues by mirroring the live device screen or session for the IT admin to check and resolve in real-time.
- Enables remote workforce using kiosk-mode devices to securely participate in team conversations and collaborations through a unified communications platform
- Allows IT admin to publish/unpublish important corporate content, files and documents that employees can access through their managed devices.
- Allow company IT admin to gain a bird’s eye view of the entire device inventory from a centralized and unified dashboard
Scalefusion’s Kiosk Management Software is built keeping the major enterprise challenges, expectations and use cases in mind. The relevant features and tools ensure to drive employee productivity, reduced data overages, operational efficiency, and corporate data security. Scalefusion comes powered with an excellent customer support team as well.