Adopting an MDM solution for your business is a massive task that requires careful planning. An even bigger task is migrating to a new MDM platform. Most businesses migrate to a new solution when their existing one cannot align with the organizational requirements. If you are someone who uses Microsoft Intune to manage your endpoints and looking to make a switch, this article is for you.
Intune is Microsoft’s enterprise mobility management (EMM) tool that simplifies app and device management for organizations and enables secure access to business resources and data. MS Intune is a strong and feature-rich MDM solution but is equally complex. Most businesses spend an enormous time in training and deployment of Intune.
MDM software lowers the administrative burden on the IT staff. A complicated platform that has a large learning curve defeats the purpose of the tool, which is simplicity. Several MS Intune users have been frequently seeking help in understanding the migration process to Scalefusion MDM.
Explore how you can effortlessly migrate from Intune to Scalefusion MDM.
What Are the Advantages of Migrating From Intune to Scalefusion MDM?
- Simple pricing plan with three distinct tiers that businesses can opt for as per their needs.
- 14-day free trial with access to all enterprise-grade features.
- Easy setup and clutter-free dashboard, ensuring faster time-to-market.
- Live chat-based 24 x 6 free customer support with a median response time of fewer than 3.5 minutes.
- World-class customer support with an average first response time of 90 seconds and a first contact resolution rate of 80% over chat.
- Reusable licenses that can be deleted from existing devices and reassigned to new devices.
- Complimentary training and extensive marketing support for partners.
- Discounts for NGOs and educational institutions.
How Does Scalefusion Compare to Intune?
Scalefusion vs Intune
|Android Enterprise Support||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced Platform Security Policies||Yes||Yes|
|Remote Cast & Control||Yes||Conditional|
|Remote Cast with VoIP Calling||Yes||No|
|Learning Curve||3-4 hours||10+ hours|
|Location Tracking & Geofencing||Yes||Conditional|
|Speed-based Access Policy (Android)||Yes||No|
Steps to Migrate From Intune to Scalefusion MDM
MDM migration can be a confusing and tedious-looking phase. The first part of your MDM migration plan is to have a pre-migration checklist to assess your organizational status quo and to enlist what you need in your new MDM platform.
- Make a list of the number of devices and users in your organization.
- Categorize the devices based on their device and OS types.
- Make a list of features you need in your new MDM solution.
- Update your existing policies so that they meet the near-future business needs.
- Create a backup of all your existing business data.
- Create a migration plan and share it with all the stakeholders.
- Prepare your employees and guide them through the new enrollment process.
- Wipe and unenroll devices from MS Intune.
Pick an enrollment method of your choice from the diverse bulk enrollment options provided by Scalefusion. You can choose an enrollment option based on the number of devices or OS types. Scalefusion offers easy out-of-the-box (OOB) enrollment options to streamline and accelerate your migration process.
- Sign-up with Scalefusion and configure your account
- Create and assign roles to specific members within your organization
- Create extensive business policies and push them remotely on all your devices
- On picking your preferred device enrollment option, create an enrollment configuration
- Integrate directory services to import users in bulk
- Add or import users to the Scalefusion dashboard
- Invite users to enroll their devices on Scalefusion by following a simple set of onscreen instructions
Your post-migration check should ensure that all your inventory is successfully unenrolled from Intune and is now Scalefusion managed. Company IT admins must run checks on whether all Microsoft Intune services are unsubscribed and whether the new Scalefusion-enabled policies are running smoothly on all devices. We recommend gathering detailed feedback from your IT team to ensure that there are no hurdles in the implementation process. You can easily reach out to Scalefusion product specialists to gain quick assistance with any step.
Get Started With Scalefusion MDM for Effortless Device Management
Scalefusion MDM is known for its ease of use and comprehensive feature set. Migrating from your MDM solution can seem tedious, especially if your IT team has grown accustomed to the tool. However, it is always best to weigh the pros and cons of your tools periodically to ensure you use the best of what the market has to offer.
Scalefusion MDM has several key differences that make it a better choice than Intune. Microsoft Intune offers several features that are limited only to Knox devices, such as restrictions on accessing app stores, disabling voice assistants, and leveraging screen control, geofencing, and browser management. Unlike Intune, which only notifies you in the event of a data breach, Scalefusion allows you to disable apps, thereby adding an extra layer of security.
Scalefusion Key Differentiators:
- Automated Workflow to pre-schedule mundane tasks and reduce manual IT efforts
- Enhanced hardware control achieved with extensive OEM partnerships
- VoIP calling during remote cast sessions
- NuovoTeam integration to enable secure and reliable team communication
- Built-in browser so that you don’t have to rely on third-party browsers
- Presentation mode to turn your devices into digital signage
- DeepDive analytics for comprehensive device-level insights
You can schedule a live demo with our product experts to understand our versatile offerings and why Scalefusion is a better MDM than Intune MDM. You can also start a 14-day free trial and experience Scalefusion MDM.