Scalefusion support for Zero-touch enrollment aims to streamline and simplify Android Enterprise Device Management to minimize all IT hurdles of bulk device configuration and deployment across the enterprise despite the employee-size.
With Google’s Zero-touch enrollment, organizations’ IT admins can effortlessly onboard corporate-owned Android devices in volume, without manually configuring each device.
What is Zero-touch enrollment?
In Google’s words, Zero-touch enrollment is a streamlined process to provision Android devices for enterprise management. This enables the devices to get assigned with an enterprise configuration from the first boot. When assigned with an enterprise configuration, these devices initiate the fully managed device provisioning method and download the Scalefusion MDM agent, which then completes the setup of the managed device. All this happens automatically in pre-configured devices from the moment they are powered on. The easy online configuration allows the devices to be shipped with enforced management, which allows the employees to get started with these devices straight out of the box.
The Prerequisites are simple!
There are only two things that need to be ensured to use Zero-touch enrollment.
- Purchase Zero Touch-supportive smartphones with Android Oreo (8.0) or Pixel phone with Android Nougat (7.0) from reseller partner.
- Select Scalefusion as your preferred Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) provider.
If you are wondering about the devices that support Zero-touch enrollment, here is a list of those compatible devices. Also, it should be known that these eligible devices for ZT enrollment can be bought directly from an enterprise reseller or Google partner as they are not available in a consumer store.
How Does Zero-touch enrollment work with Scalefusion?
Please note that for Zero-touch enrollment, the following steps need to be done from the admin’s end:
- Creating Zero-Touch account
- Adding devices by IMEI number
After that, the following tasks need to be done on computer/laptop:
- Go to Android for Work Setup and click on the Zero-touch enrollment option. Click on Create configuration option.
2. Create Device Profile with Apps, websites & Content that you would like:
3. Create a QR code configuration for the device
4. Add the device name and select the QR code configuration that needs to be applied to the device.
5. A configuration code will be provided. Please copy it.
6. Sign-in to your android zero touch account. Click on the ‘+’ symbol to add a new configuration. Here, you have to add your configuration name, select Scalefusion as EMM DPC, add the company name, email, phone number and display the message. And then paste the configuration that you copied in the previous step. Click on Add to continue.
7. Click on devices, search the devices by adding IMEI number
8. Select a configuration for the device and click on update.
Now, there are some actions to be taken on the device:
- Start the device
- Connect it to the internet
- Click on yes/agree to give permissions
- The device will be ready to use
What does Zero-touch enrollment mean for different users?
Zero-Touch enrolment enables efficiency, acceleration, and simplicity for different use cases.
IT Admins: Fast and easy bulk device provisioning, enrollment, and onboarding become a breeze when a pre-created configuration policy is chosen for devices without having to deploy each device manually.
Customers: This one-time setup process helps customers better control their devices, even after factory resets. They can also set policies and manage apps on the devices through their preferred EMM provider.
Employees: Employees can directly start using these preconfigured and fully managed enterprise devices by just signing in, without any hassle or effort. Zero Touch device enrollment helps companies to easily mobilize their employees.
Google Zero-touch enrollment aims to drive faster rollouts of large-scale device deployment in an easy and secure manner by allowing organizations to ship work-managed devices so the employees can just open the box, sign in and get started with work. This one-time setup process helps customers better control their devices, even after factory resets. Additionally, it will aim to streamline Android device provisioning for enhanced enterprise management – driving IT effectiveness, increased employee output and faster time-to-market. Read our Help Docs for more details and know how to get started with ZT Enrollment in a jiffy! You might also like to watch the video for a visual explanation.