iPads have revolutionized not only the consumer’s lives in the public environment but businesses as well. The iPad is a powerful Apple tablet and a remarkable technological innovation. Since its entry, it has created a benchmark in the tablet world and how it can be useful to consumers as well as businesses.
The iPad model lineup, featuring the iPad Pro, iPad Air, and iPad Mini, offers a plethora of robust functionalities that often go underutilized by both consumers and enterprises. Leveraging the power of these devices can be transformative for productivity, especially when combined with appropriate applications and an enterprise-grade mobile device management (MDM) solution. IT administrators can utilize MDM platforms to optimize iPads for business applications, allowing centralized control and management of corporate devices running on iPadOS. By implementing a lockdown strategy through MDM, you can securely harness your iPad’s capabilities to its fullest extent for streamlined business operations.
Why Use an iPad for Work?
iPads and other tablets are convenient, powerful tools that offer businesses and professionals a way to expedite work, streamline processes and more. Corporate-owned iPads can be easily configured by IT administrators, even in bulk, and can enforce restrictions on them and distribute the right apps required for enterprise work. Many organizations in the retail business and education sectors turn the iPad into a kiosk by using Single App Mode to restrict the corporate iPad to one app and disable various other capabilities with iPad Kiosk Software.
In this way, only authorized people can access the designated apps. But, generally, in companies where mobile devices are provided to employees for work purposes, they require more than one app, and they need to be locked as well.
MDM can help companies mitigate security risks by applying device profiles to enrolled Apple devices and turning iPads from consumer-friendly devices to business-savvy tools. Also, when companies give people who are working on an iPad the control to work the way they want, with the right tools they find comfortable, they are motivated to work at their best. Hence, employees and employers prefer iPads as they empower them to be more productive and collaborative.
In addition, today’s modern business world is fast embracing mobility, and they are witnessing increased business productivity. Again, it is simple and cost-effective for IT to deploy Apple iOS devices in the organizational setup. However, before deploying iPads, organizations must have a business aim for deploying these Apple’s devices, and this aim will thereafter drive the device allocation and its management strategy.
Mobile Device Management strategy includes –
- Employee-centric experience
- The solution should have a flexible pricing strategy
- Latest technological provisioning
- Employee/team-specific setup
- Real-time support
|Learn More: How to Implement an Effective MDM Policy|
What Types of Businesses Can Benefit from iPads?
iPads can be a game-changer in various industries and can offer significant benefits across different types of businesses. Here are some of them:
- Point of Sale Systems: iPads can replace traditional cash registers, making transactions smoother.
- Inventory Management: Apps can help manage stock and supply chain.
- Customer Engagement: Interactive catalogs and customer service tools can improve the customer experience.
- Patient Records: Easy access to medical records, improving efficiency and patient care.
- Telehealth Services: Facilitating remote consultations.
- Educational Tools: For patient awareness and training for medical staff.
- Interactive Learning: Educational apps make learning more engaging.
- Administrative Tools: Streamlines work tasks like attendance, grading, and communication.
- Research: Facilitates better access to online journals, research papers, and studies.
- Menu and Ordering: Replaces paper menus and allows for easier ordering.
- Check-in/Check-out: Streamlines the process for guests.
- Feedback: Instant customer feedback collection for service improvement.
How to Setup iPad for Business Use?
Scalefusion for iOS is a cloud-based MDM solution that enables various industries, and small businesses to large enterprises, to effectively manage corporate-owned mobile devices for different use cases.
Here Are a Few of the Many Features Which Scalefusion Offers –
1. The Powerful Set of Security and Management Features
- Single App Mode/Kiosk Mode
- Autonomous Single App Mode
- Multi-App Kiosk Mode
- Blacklist/Whitelist specific websites and restrict access to unwanted web content
- Network Management by Remotely creating & configuring Wi-Fi and hotspot settings of Apple iOS devices Asset Tracking by tracking the location of all the devices in real-time
Device Restrictions by disabling Apple device features like volume buttons, auto-lock, and system apps such as iCloud, Siri, Camera, etc.
2. Scalefusion iOS MDM for supervised devices allows you to have enhanced control over the device. It provides additional configurations and restriction options for Apple iOS devices.
- Customize the home screen by arranging and hiding apps
- Change the wallpaper of the home screen & lock screen
- Recover lost devices using Lost Mode without an Apple ID
- Disable hardware keys such as Volume Buttons and system apps like Camera, Siri, etc.
3. Application Distribution & Management
- Seamlessly search and distribute apps from the Apple App Store to iPads and iPhones
- Equip people with apps they need
- Enable your employees with apps that keep them productive. Our integration with the Apple App Store enables you to find and silently distribute public apps on Apple iPads and iPhones.
4. Fast iOS Device Enrollment to Lockdown iPad for Business Use
- Supports Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
- It provides a fast & seamless way for large-scale deployments of corporate-owned iOS devices that are purchased directly from Apple or through participating Apple Authorized Resellers.
|Learn More: Apple DEP Guide|
5. Content Distribution & Management
- Seamlessly distribute content to iPads and iPhones with Scalefusion Content Management for Apple iOS from the dashboard.
For companies that are contemplating implementing mobility in the organization for various business functions. If you don’t have a Scalefusion account yet, sign up for your free account today and start using your Apple iPad for strict business purposes.