Managing mobile devices remotely is one of the most challenging parts for companies even before remote work became normal. According to recruitment and staffing firm, Ladders, 25% of all professional jobs in North America will be remote by the end of 2023, and remote job opportunities will continue to rise through 2024.
In this unprecedented reality, the chances of physically troubleshooting a user’s mobile device are less likely. There are top 5 Android remote control apps for IT teams to control an Android phone or tablet remotely.
What is a Remote Control on Android?
Android remote control allows IT admins to access Android devices remotely. Implementing remote control apps expedites the troubleshooting process, thereby decreasing device downtime.
Administrators can detect and fix issues from the comfort of their home or desk at work as they can remotely operate Android devices from PCs. Beyond sheer convenience, remote access significantly reduces IT support and maintenance costs.
5 Best Remote Control Apps to Access and Control Android Devices
Scalefusion’s remote control app capability enables IT admins to view and control Android devices under management remotely. The remote cast feature lets an admin monitor the screen of an Android device in real-time.
The remote control feature lets an admin take real-time control of the enrolled Android device and perform necessary work without relying on the end users. Scalefusion allows screen mirroring of Samsung KNOX-supported, Sony, LG, Lenovo, and rooted devices that run on Android version 5.0. The remote cast & control capability is bundled with the mobile device management solution.
- Communicate with your users via voice call during an active session. Offer remote assistance and sync files for troubleshooting.
- Schedule alerts and cast Android device screens in real time to manage device issues.
- Remote management of mPOS systems, kiosks, and digital signages.
- Create and manage quick support tickets with the device and issue information on integrated ITSM tools.
- Remote control and management of unattended devices.
G2 Rating : 4.7/5
Starting Pricing : $2
Teamviewer QuickSupport is a popular Android remote control app from PC. The app has a sense of personal admiration and affection among tech professionals and enthusiasts alike.
The tool provides all the necessary functions for remote control – screen sharing, launching and accessing files and server administration. Users can also use Teamviewer’s Android app to manage several activities related to remote support and access.
- Allows remote control of PCs, Android devices, or iOS devices.
- View a device’s list of apps.
- Secure connection with 256 Bit AES encryption algorithm.
- Simultaneous display of the device’s screen.
G2 Rating : 4.4/5
Starting Price : 3099/- per month
Vysor provides solutions for remote control as well as synchronization of smartphone devices with users’ computers.
This Android remote screen control app mirrors Androids on PCs using Chrome for users that need to access Android devices. Android users can employ the Vysor app to share one Android device with multiple users in a work environment.
- Capture screenshots.
- Access high-quality mirroring.
- Full-screen mode.
- Drag and drop files.
Starting Price : $24.9
The Android version of the Anydesk Remote Desktop App seamlessly integrates with mobile devices. The app claims to provide latency-free desktop sharing, fast and secure data transmission between devices, and stable remote control.
- Manage data and files between two devices parallel to the regular remote session.
- Turn devices on from sleep mode during a remote connection.
- Access remote devices via password without having to accept the remote session manually.
G2 Rating: 4.5/5
Starting Price: 899/-
ApowerMirror is a handy tool designed for mirroring Android devices to PCs. The application works on different brands of Android smartphones without the help of a USB-type C cable.
ApowerMirror has the ability to display high-quality screencasts with built-in functions such as screen recording and full-screen mode. The app comes with a smartphone-like interface, making it more intuitive.
- Mirror multiple devices simultaneously and control Android devices from PCs.
- Record the Android device screen from the PC in one click.
- Whiteboard – draw or take notes in presentation mode.
G2 Rating: 3.1/5
How do You Benefit from Android Remote Control Tools?
The advent of Android remote control software has revolutionized the way businesses and individuals manage their mobile device ecosystems. These applications offer a plethora of benefits that go beyond mere convenience. Here are some key advantages:
- Centralized Management: One of the most compelling features is the ability to manage multiple Android devices from a single dashboard. This is particularly beneficial for enterprises that deploy a large number of devices across different locations.
- Enhanced Security: With the best features like remote lock, data wipe, and real-time location tracking, these applications add an extra layer of security to your devices. This is crucial for protecting sensitive corporate data in case a device is lost or stolen.
- Cost-Efficiency: Remote control software minimizes the need for physical intervention, thereby reducing the operational costs associated with device management. This is particularly useful for businesses that have a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy.
- Improved Productivity: Real-time monitoring and automated policies ensure that the devices are used optimally and adhere to company privacy guidelines. This leads to increased productivity as employees can focus on core tasks rather than dealing with device-related issues.
- Ease of Troubleshooting: Remotely accessed devices make it easier to diagnose and resolve issues without the need for a physical presence. This is especially useful for IT departments that manage a large fleet of devices.
- Scalability: As your business grows, so does the need for effective device management. Android remote control software is highly scalable, allowing you to effortlessly add another device to your network without compromising on efficiency.
- Compliance Management: These applications often come with features that help you ensure that your device fleet is in compliance with industry regulations, which is crucial for avoiding hefty fines and legal complications.
By integrating Android remote control software into your device management strategy, you’re not just adopting a tool but a comprehensive solution that enhances operational functionality, efficiency, security, and productivity.
Effective IT support depends on various factors. One of these factors is to get the right app. Not only should remote control apps for Android devices be easy to use and intuitive, but secure and accessible. Choose a remote control app for Android phones that does more than just remote access.
A comprehensive tech solution like Scalefusion MDM has an in-built feature of Remote Cast and Control which can alleviate your challenges in managing remote Android devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why use a remote control app for Android?
- Control connected devices like TVs, computers, or smart speakers from your phone.
- Present or play media wirelessly on big screens with ease.
- Access apps and settings remotely on other Android devices.
2. Do these apps need special software on other devices?
- Some apps require companion apps on target devices (TVs, PCs).
- Others, like AnyDesk, work solely via internet connection.
3. Are these apps free?
- Most have free basic versions with limited features.
- Premium versions unlock advanced features like file transfer or multi-screen control.
4. Which app is best for me?
- Consider your needs: remote desktop, multimedia control, Android mirroring, etc.
- Check compatibility with your devices and desired features.
- Try free versions before committing to paid plans.